A great way to buy your pork as you get everything in your pack. At at £4.60 per kilo this is great value and an ideal choice for smaller families.
your half a pig will include the following:
1 Whole leg
– Can be left on bone or boned and rolled for a roasting joint, cut into steaks or cured as a gammon
1 Whole shoulder
– Can be left whole or boned and rolled as a roasting joint, cured as collar bacon
– Can be left whole as a roasting joint, cut into belly strips for grilling etc. or cured as streaky bacon
Thick end belly
– Can be left as a whole roasting joint or made into sausages
1 whole Loin
– Can be boned and rolled or left on bone as a roasting joint, can be cut as pork chops or it can be cured and made into back bacon
1 Tender loin
Approximately 500g of sausages from trim
Please call for details and speak to a butcher to explain what they would like.
The joints can be cut to required size. There are additional charges for making joints into bacon or sausages.
All of our pork comes from Field Place Farm, a Family run farm in the heart of mid Sussex. They have been breeding and rearing pigs on their farm since the 1960`s.
Breed is based on Large white/ Landrace mother crossed with a commercial boar. All replacements are bred on farm and they are classified as a high health unit. The pigs are fed on home grown cereals grown under FABBL farm assurance scheme. The pigs are all bedded on home grown straw. All manure goes back into the soil to feed the crops reducing the need for fertilizers.
In all they produce fantastic pork to the highest of welfare standards which is reflected in the quality and taste of the product which we are proud to sell it at Chilley Farm.
We make all our own sausages and cure all of our own bacon. The bacon and ham is traditionally dry cured and has a wonderful flavour. We sell cooked ham as well. We also have our own smokery and can smoke anything you like not only pork we smoke cheese, chicken, salmon and salt beef.